Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Those Irritating Pearly Whites

The first tooth is a wonderful thing right? My little inchworm (since he’s trying to inch his way around the floor) is teething in the worst way. It all started about 3 ½ weeks ago my husband and I saw the first glimpse of a pearly white. Oh so cute we both thought. He’s handling this teething thing pretty well, outside of drooling there were no issues what so ever.  I wondered what were all those parents gripping about when they said to me “wait until he starts teething”. Maybe their little one had issues but not mine I thought as a proud mom. Week 2 - a little whimper here and there but again not much – PIECE OF CAKE the teething thing, yes we have it under control. Oh what have we here, approaching the end of week 2 and here’s yet another glimpse of a pearly white. Let the games begin – oh my. The inchworm that had “no teething issues” no longer exists. Every night, my inchworm is waking up every 2 – 3 hours chomping down on his pearly whites as he displays his discomfort – and oh how I thought they were so cute. So of course, every day now I’m researching what can we do about these irritating pearly whites that has disrupted my little ones life. Different pacifiers – you name it, frozen washcloth – yep, frozen foods – check, let’s see, bottle tops – of course, blankets – check again. You name it and it has been tried. All I want to do is comfort my little inchworm so his discomfort will go away. After trying numerous tactics, my husband and I finally found something that works. You can’t buy this at the store and it can’t be purchased online. Inchworm likes….our fingers, yes he just wants to chomp down on our fingers and that sooths him like nothing else.

So to all the moms that said “just wait until he starts teething”, now do I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment