Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Viewing the World Through Your Child's Eyes

Wow, what a chilly start this morning with it being so cold and rainy out.  I started getting ready for work and as I did, I turned the classical music up which I usually do so when I wake pooter (one of the many nick names I have for my son) he can get up with something calming or so I hope. I’m scrambling around slightly opening the blinds and turning the lights on low while calling his name. Slowly pooter starts to open his eyes and greeted me with this huge smile which he normally does – and then he belts out and starts singing ooohhh…ooooooo…oooohhhh…followed by plenty of laughs, giggles, and more smiles. I just melted as we all do when we have a true mommy moment. I just paused for a moment watching with amazement. It’s incredible to me, I look at pooter and he has not a care in the world, he just wants to be loved, comforted, and cared for by his mom and dad. I look at him and just think what life must be like through his eyes and it’s a beautiful thing. Oh the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember the days when I would wake up before my daughter and would have to wake her up to get ready for work. Having a child is the most rewarding thing ever! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete